Friday, July 2, 2010

Boise to Burley, ID 6-30 to 7-2-10

Our rest day in Boise was followed by a relatively easy 54-mile day, then a 98-mile day, and today, just 46 miles--but it also included a scavenger hunt! For my part, I found a fan belt, golf ball, round band-aid, and a clothes pin! Idaho has a lot of farm land, mostly irrigated by water from the Snake River--without this water supply, the land would be quite arid. The total mileage I've accumulated on this x-country trip is 837 miles! Today we visited the Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, ID on the way to Burley, ID. It's early to bed tonight as we have a 82-mile day planned for tomorrow! The weather has been great--sunny almost every day--the temp was 100 degrees going into Boise, but mostly it's been in the 70's and 80's. We are well fed and supported by America by Bicycle--yesterday, I had two flat tires caused by goatheads--a thorny thing that pierces the tires and goes into the tubes--but both times, the support team came to my rescue, and I was on the road again!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I like your new man friend! It sounds like you are having a great time 70 degrees I would enjoy 100 I would be in the van! Love to see the pictures and your updates. Those cows reminded me of home.

    ReplyDelete