Monday, June 21, 2010

Biking to the Pacific Ocean, 6/20/10

We biked 30-miles round trip to the Pacific Ocean so we could say we biked coast to coast! The weather was a bit of a mist, open and shut as they say in Ireland, temperature about 60. That's the Pacific Ocean behind me in the picture. After returning to Astoria, I had lunch at the Astoria Sunday Market, complete with entertainment and lots of things to buy. I really couldn't buy anything as America by Bicycle has very strict weight limits on our luggage, 50 pounds, and my two bags weighed 52 pounds at the airport! The tour leader writes an interesting blog, www.bamacyclist.com if you'd like to read more. At 3 p.m. , we had a 3-hour orientation meeting (after the meeting, a cyclist from MN said that the only thing he is doing right is hydrating!), dinner, and then another meeting to go over the route for Day One! This is the second time I've posted 6-20-10 so I hope it goes through this time! Happy birthday to Mom Z!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Did you take some stuff out of your suitcase?

    You look fantastic in your photo :)

    ReplyDelete