Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bike Arrived in Portland, OR/June 16, 2010

This will be the most informal blog ever--just a way to keep you posted on my trip across America! I don't plan to post every day--if you check out the daily mileages at http://www.americabybicycle.com/AAN/AANPop.htm, you'll know that some days I'll be lucky to get to the hotel in time to take a shower and head for dinner! We actually start biking on Monday, June 21--I'm flying to OR on Friday, June 18. The reason I titled my post Bike Arrived in Portland, OR is because I FedEx-d my bike on June 10 and of course, I'm a little anxious to see that it arrives in Astoria by Friday, June 18 (Fed Ex doesn't deliver over the weekend)! I've also been advised that it isn't safe to post to Facebook that you're away from home....so please post here or send me an e-mail, O.K.?

6 comments:

  1. Ellen,

    Have a wonderful time biking across this beautiful coutry. You know you are my hero!

    Adele oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....on the road again. Have fun!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Glad your bike got there before you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. trying, trying to post, Ellen. grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I guess it went through...7th try! I don't know anything about blogging!!
    Ellen, you look fabulous and you are amazing!!!
    I will check in each day to see where you are.
    Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep looking for more . Love the daily pictures . JILL

    ReplyDelete